If you’ve visited the romance section at the Kindle Book Store on Amazon.com, and scrolled down the page a bit, you’ll notice something unusual about the bestsellers list there. Every one of the top ten books on the list is FREE. In fact, at this moment, I wouldn’t have to pay for an ebook for the Kindle, iPhone or iPod until I got to No. 18. How many print bestsellers lists do you think can say the same?
It’s not just Kindle, either. Free excerpts, sample chapters, and even entire books are easy to locate on publisher, retailer, and author websites across the Internet. If you know of a particularly good free romance eBook you’d like to recommend, please send me the link! I’d love to offer a weekly blog post on Kindling Romance, with a list of free romances from a broad range of subgenres and publishers, and in as many different eReader formats as possible.
In the meantime, here are links to the current (as of 2:30 pm) top ten “sellers” on Kindle, all for $0.00.
- Dark Fever by Karen Marie Moning
- Anybody But Justin by Shelli Stevens
- Kiss of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian
- Irresistible Forces by Brenda Jackson
- Haley’s Cabin by Anne Rainey
- Hide in Plain Sight by Marta Perry
- Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly
- Dancing in the Moonlight by RaeAnne Thane
- Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels
- Snowbound by Janice Kay Johnson