Book retailer Barnes & Noble, which launched its eBookstore in July, announced Monday that 1 million+ visitors to the site have downloaded its free B&N Bookstore and B&N eReader apps for the iPhone and iPod touch. In addition, the chain has logged 2 million “complimentary AT&T Wi-Fi Sessions,” meaning that shoppers have used the apps to:
- Brows bestsellers and B&N Recommends lists, new releases or watch video interviews with authors.
- Check the events calendar for celebrity book signings, readings, musical performances and children`s Storytimes.
- Find the closest Barnes & Noble, get maps and directions.
- Use the iPhone`s camera to snap a photo of a front cover on a book, CD or DVD and retrieve product details, editorial reviews, and customer ratings
- Find and reserve copies of books at the nearest store.
I won’t sport with your tolerance for corporate press releases and quote excited Barnes & Noble talking heads. Instead, here is a link to the full press release on Reuters.